two part training - Feb 4th and Feb 11th
From 9am EST until 12pm EST
At Online - live webinar via Zoom
PLEASE NOTE: This training is now being offered in 2 parts: Feb 4th from 9am-noon EST and Feb 11th from 9am-noon EST
This training is suitable for mental health professionals who already have some experience in working with transgender, non-binary and gender questioning clients. This 2 part training goes more in depth than Trans 101 trainings to explore ways in which you can support clients through social, legal, and medical transition. Specifically, this training will help you learn:
- Stages of development in gender identity; how to identify what stage clients are at when they come into your practice, and how to best support their needs at that time
- Detailed information of medical transition options such as cross-hormone treatment and gender affirming surgeries
- An overview of how we as providers can provide thorough mental health assessments of clients seeking gender-affirming surgeries, to provide letters of support without gatekeeping
- Information on navigating legal transition steps (name, gender markers on identification) in CT.
- A review of DSM 5 diagnosis of gender dysphoria, and its clinical presentations in the context of other co-occurring experiences.
Registration fee includes training materials and access to private zoom link for this training as well as CEC certificate upon completion of training and post-training survey. This training is approved for 6 Cultural Competency CEC’s through NASW/CT. $10 of every registration goes to The Trevor Project.
All participants receive a free 30 minute clinical consultation from Sarah Gilbert, LCSW
There are 11 people coming.
Registration is full