Trans 201: Advanced Practices in Serving the Transgender Community
- In registering for this event, I agree to attend this training in its entirety, from 9am-4pm
- I acknowledge that refunds will be issued for all cancellations requested before 9am on April 22nd, 2019. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made after this time.
- I am aware that, provided I am an LCSW, LMFT, LPC, or licensed psychologist in the state of CT, I will be given an electronic version of my CEC certificate via email.
This training is suitable for mental health practitioners who already have some foundational knowledge of gender identity, and some experience in working with transgender clients.
In this training you will:
- gain an in-depth knowledge of various social, medical and legal transition options
- learn how to assess for readiness/suitability for gender affirming surgeries
- gain knowledge on treatment of co-occurring gender dysphoria and other diagnoses
- learn about writing letters of support for clients for cross-hormone treatment and gender affirming surgery
- gain insight into how to advocate for transgender clients with insurance companies and other medical/mental health providers.
Payment is expected at the time of registration to reserve your seat. Payments can be made via check, credit card, or PayPal.
PayPal link: https://www.paypal.me/transitionstherapy/135
Spaces are limited; register by April 22nd 2019.
Being cisgender and partnered with someone who identifies as transgender can bring up a unique mix of questions, concerns and experiences, that you may not feel comfortable talking about with the people in your life.
This free monthly support group offers a space for you to do just that. The SPOT is a place to find community, connection, and open communication with others who understand this experience. This group is open to people ages 18 and up. We meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 7-8:30pm
To register, simply contact Sarah Gilbert at 860-884-8372 or email her at email@example.com
Upcoming meeting dates: Thurs Jan 10th 2019, and Feb 14th 2019