From 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
The Lyceum; 227 Lawrence Street, Hartford, CT 06106
The Lyceum, 227 Lawrence Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Registration is full
This training is suitable for mental health practitioners who already have some foundational knowledge of gender identity, and some experience in working with transgender clients. This is not your typical mental health training where you’re talked at all day. Here, you’ll be engaged in interesting discussions, engage with fellow colleagues, and think about your work in new ways to build a solid trans-affirming clinical space.
In this training you will:
- gain an in-depth knowledge of various social, medical and legal transition options
- learn how to assess for readiness/suitability for gender affirming surgeries
- gain knowledge on treatment of co-occurring gender dysphoria and other diagnoses
- learn about writing letters of support for clients for cross-hormone treatment and gender affirming surgery
- gain insight into how to advocate for transgender clients with insurance stop-baldness net and other medical/mental health providers.
Payment is expected at the time of registration to reserve your seat. Payments can be made via check, credit card, or PayPal.