Thank you for your interest. Fill out the information below, and click the
From 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Sobon & Associates Business Center
615 W Johnson Ave Suite 202 Cheshire CT
There are 11 seat available.
This training is suitable for mental health practitioners who already have some foundational knowledge of gender identity, and some experience in working with transgender clients. This is not your typical mental health training where you’re talked at all day. Here, you’ll be engaged in interesting discussions, engage with fellow colleagues, and think about your work in new ways to build a solid trans-affirming clinical space.
In this training you will:
- gain an in-depth knowledge about treating clients with gender dysphoria
- learn how to assess for readiness/suitability for gender affirming surgeries and writing letters of support
- learn about supporting clients through legal transition (name/gender marker change) with information specifically pertaining to navigating this process in CT.
- gain insight into how to advocate for transgender clients with insurance companies and other medical/mental health providers.
- receive a folder with handouts of various resources for yourself and your clients.
Payment is expected at the time of registration to reserve your seat. Payments can be made via check, credit card, or PayPal.