From 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Sobon & Associates Business Center
615 W Johnson Ave Suite 202 Cheshire CT Suite 202
Registration is full
This training is suitable for mental health practitioners who already have some foundational knowledge of gender identity, and some experience in working with transgender clients. This is not your typical mental health training where you’re talked at all day. Here, you’ll be engaged in interesting discussions, engage with fellow colleagues, and think about your work in new ways to build a solid trans-affirming clinical space. This event is approved for 6 Cultural Competency CEC’s through NASW CT. Participants who are LCSW’s, LMFT’s, LPC’s, licensed psychologists in the state of CT, MA and RI can use these CEC’s towards licensure renewal.
In this training you will:
- gain an in-depth knowledge about treating clients with gender ed-treatment-info com
- learn how to assess for readiness/suitability for gender affirming surgeries and writing letters of support in line with the WPATH SOC
- learn about supporting clients through legal transition (name/gender marker change) with information specifically pertaining to navigating this process in CT.
- gain insight into how to advocate for transgender clients with insurance companies and other medical/mental health providers.
- receive a folder with handouts of various resources for yourself and your clients.
Payment is expected at the time of registration to reserve your seat. Payments can be made via check, credit card, or PayPal.