Trans 101: An Introduction to Transgender Affirming Care
From 9 AM EST until 12 PM EST
At Live webinar via Zoom
More than ever, people identifying as transgender or gender questioning are in need of compassionate, competent clinical care from mental health professionals. Unfortunately, so many of us didn’t get a foundational knowledge of gender diversity in our grad school programs, and it’s not always easy to find trainings available on this topic. This results in a lot of unmet need within the trans community.
In this engaging, interactive, live webinar, you will be given a foundational knowledge of the diverse array of gender identities, gender expressions, and transition options for clients of all ages. I’ve created this training with actionable information that’s applicable to work with clients across the life span; you’ll leave with knowledge that you can start putting to use right after this training’s over.
This isn’t a typical webinar where you’ll be talked at, disengaged and bored to tears. I design my webinars to be FUN and worthwhile, because I’m passionate about creating great training experiences to help my colleagues be able to provide affirming, inclusive, trans-competent clinical spaces.
Registration includes access to the live webinar, as well as supplemental learning materials to help you continue in this important work after this training. And finally, your registration helps the LGBTQ community; $5 of every registration will be donated to The Trevor Project, a national non-profit dedicated to suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth.
There are 9 people coming.
Registration is full
Enter your details below
Trans 201: Advanced Practices in Serving the Trans Community
two part training - Oct 6th and Oct 13th
From 9am EST until 12pm EST
At Online - live webinar via Zoom
PLEASE NOTE: This training is now being offered in 2 parts: Oct 6th from 9am-noon EST and Oct 13th from 9am-noon EST
This training is suitable for mental health professionals who already have some experience in working with transgender, non-binary and gender questioning clients. This 2 part training goes more in depth than Trans 101 trainings to explore ways in which you can support clients through social, legal, and medical transition. Specifically, this training will help you learn:
- Stages of development in gender identity; how to identify what stage clients are at when they come into your practice, and how to best support their needs at that time
- Detailed information of medical transition options such as cross-hormone treatment and gender affirming surgeries
- An overview of how we as providers can provide thorough mental health assessments of clients seeking gender-affirming surgeries, to provide letters of support without gatekeeping
- Information on navigating legal transition steps (name, gender markers on identification) in CT.
- A review of DSM 5 diagnosis of gender dysphoria, and its clinical presentations in the context of other co-occurring experiences.
Registration fee includes training materials and access to private zoom link for this training as well as CEC certificate upon completion of training and post-training survey. This training is approved for 6 Cultural Competency CEC’s through NASW/CT. $10 of every registration goes to The Trevor Project.
All participants receive a free 30 minute clinical consultation from Sarah Gilbert, LCSW
There are 7 people coming.
There are 13 places available.